Wishbone Chairs with a Soaped Wood Finish have the closest appearance to raw wood of any Wishbone Chair finish. The wood grain and structure is highly visible and light in color.
When the craftsmen at Carl Hansen & Son create a Soaped Wood Wishbone Chair, they first mix flakes of 100% vegetable oil-based soap in water, then they rub the mixture into the wood and wipe off, leaving a natural look.
Care / Maintenance
- Wipe clean with a damp cloth
- Treat wood every 2-3 months, or as needed, to remove stains
- Looks the most natural – like raw wood
- Easy to restore with soap and elbow grease
- Requires regular maintenance / cleaning – roughly 20 minutes a month
- Can be stained by red wine, crayons, etc.
- Private homes
- Wood purists
Not Good For
- High-use public spaces